World of Wonder Kids Yoga, Art, & Play Camp in Riverside, CA this summer!
World of Wonder Kids is A New Kid’s Yoga, Art, & Play Program offered by Lori Joanne Yoga. Our first event is Summer of Wonder! A One Week, Interactive Kid’s Yoga, Art, & Play Camp. Information about Summer of Wonder! in addition to more about your Camp Director (that’s me!) along with links to register are below:
Summer of Wonder! Kids Yoga, Art, & Play Camp
Coming this summer, registration is now open!
- WHAT: Summer of Wonder! Kids Yoga, Art, & Play Camp
- WHO FOR: KIDS aged 3 – 12. *3-5yo parents will need to stay to supervise. *Kids 5 & up can be dropped off. Family Discounts available.
- OLDER KIDS 12 & up are welcome to come as Yogi Helpers at a discount. Contact me if interested.
- WHEN: Monday, July 16th — Friday, July 20th
- TIME: Mornings, 9am – Noon (M-F) (Drop off by 9am and pickup at Noon)
- WHERE: Arlington Heights Sports Park, Riverside, CA
- Yoga, Mindfulness, Calming Breathing Practices
- Creative Arts Activities, Painting, Drawing, Collage
- Interactive Story Time & Movement
- Lots of interactive, developmentally appropriate, silly, fun, and wonder!
- Some dancing and maybe even a little bit of music.
- Gratitude Practice
- Sensory Activities
- A New Theme Every Day!
What to Bring:
- Yoga Mat
- Beach Towel
- Water Bottle
- Sun Protection
What to Wear:
- Wear comfy clothes that you feel good moving your body in. Comfortable, weather appropriate clothes to move, explore, and play in. Dresses are fine as long as they’re weather appropriate and have shorts on. (Think Downward Facing Dog, and Tree Pose) The more comfortable you are the less you’ll have to worry about. There will be art projects too, that might get a little messy.
- Shoes won’t be needed except for getting home or walking to the bathroom. Flip flops are perfect.
- Folding chairs for grown-ups
- Allergy friendly snacks, if required
Not Included: Summer of Wonder T-shirts Hopefully! In Progress! (More details to come, including deadline to order before camp!) ** Registrants will be contacted by email with updates or any pertinent information. You can also check the Event Page on Facebook for updates, and you are invited to join our brand new Parent’s Group on Facebook to stay connected and informed. Answer 3 short questions and join our group here: We’d be ever so grateful if you invited a friend. Please note that this link works best from a desktop/laptop rather than a mobile device. If you’re having trouble finding the group, you can also find it via our brand new Facebook Page.
Are you ready to sign up?
- Register here: (link takes you to google form)
- Pay here: $125 for 5 days, or $35/day one-day-wonder. (link takes you to my Square Shop)
- Please email me with any questions you may have, for family discounts, or if you need a sliding scale based on need. Every child is welcome. I’d love to help make that happen!
- If you’d like to donate to offset the cost for a family so that a child can attend that would be amazing! Contact me or go directly to step 2 and leave a note as you are checking out. Thank you!
Who is Lori?
Hi! That’s me, Lori Joanne Quick, this is my website, and I believe play is the best way to learn and experience the wonder of life! I don’t talk about kids much here, but I spend (and have spent) a lot of my time nurturing some of the sweetest humans on the planet. Kids bring me great joy and delight, and am excited to bring them some great experiences and some healthy tools and lots of fun this summer!
- Certified Yoga Instructor (R-HYI 225hr)
- BA Music, (Developed and directed Kids Music Program as part of my internship)
- Two Summers as a Camp Counselor in 2003, and 2006 (Elementary – High School) and with Youth Groups.
- Childcare since 1998-2000, 2006-2018 (and counting)
- Chicago Arts Preschool Administrative Assistant & Baby Holder, Assisted Preschool Teachers & Yoga Class (2013-2014)
- Currently BAE (best auntie ever, and I have the mug to prove it 😉 )to my almost 3-yo nephew) and Nanny of 2 years.
- My favorite princesses are Merida from Brave & Moana. My nephew & I love to watch Cars (1 &3) and Finding Nemo & Finding Dory! I can’t wait to take him to see the new Incredibles 2!
- My favorite recently seen movie is Wrinkle in Time!
- Let them be little, let them play, let them grow.
- Feelings matter. Expressing and communicating how they feel is healthy.
- Seeing the world through a child’s eyes is the best, and checking in with them at their eye level.
- Explore, observe, and share.
- Nurture. Gentle. Kindness.
- Be silly.
- Healthy boundaries. “No, thank you”
*This is a non-religious event, open to all. To make a donation to offset the cost for a family see above.